Unity UI/Gameplay Programmer (d/f/m)
We’re looking for a Unity Developer with a focus on UI and Gameplay programming to work on a new unannounced project (PC & Console).
- Develop and debug game logic as well as extend and maintain existing code.
- Work with artists & designers to discuss feasibility and workflows and implement the ideas.
- Implement UI (logic, graphics & animations) based on design guidelines & wireframes.
- Work together with other team members to identify performance bottlenecks and potential issues.
- Keep the multiplatform aspect in mind and make sure the project fits the target platform’s requirements.
- Solid experience with Unity especially UI canvases, etc.
- Good knowledge of C#.
- High proficiency in writing efficient, organized, and highly performant code.
- Ability to work with and extend an existing codebase.
- Good bug hunting, debugging and optimzation skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You’re good at self-managing your tasks and responsibilities.
It’s best if you have worked on at least one commercial game with 2+ years of experience as a programmer, but if you haven’t and you think you’re still a good fit for the job, please apply anyway.
- Experience with tool development for Unity.
- Experience with using and extending visual scripting tools like playmaker.
- Experience with writing automatic tests.
- Experience with console development and APIs.
- Experience working on multiplayer games.
- Working knowledge of version control software (GIT).
- Able to work in CEST office hours
- Remote or on-site but must be in Germany.
- Start: September 2022 (depending on approval of german state funding)
- Work on a critical-acclaimed game with 90%+ positive reviews.
- Work in a small, experienced, creatively independant team.
- Work on games with a non-toxic and loving community.
- Flexible working hours.
- Public transportation ticket in Berlin.
- Be part of Saftladen – the biggest indie game dev collective in Germany.
Please send your CV, motivational letter and salary expectations to