Unity Developer (d/f/m)
Junior – Senior
We’re looking for a Unity Developer with a broad set of skills to work on Lonely Mountains: Downhill and another unannounced project in a similar genre. Your task might include gameplay logic, UI implementation, audio implementation, editor tools, and console development.
- Develop and debug game logic as well as extend and maintain existing code.
- Work with artists & designers to discuss feasibility and workflows as well as implementing the ideas.
- Implement UI (logic, graphics & animations) based on design guidelines & wireframes.
- Work together with other team members to identify bottlenecks and potential issues.
- Write editor tools to reduce bottlenecks and repetitive work for you and the team.
- Keep the multiplatform aspect in mind and make sure the project fits the target platform’s requirements.
- Work closely with the audio team to provide them with all required parameters & tools.
- Solid experience with Unity (Editor & Code).
- Good knowledge of C#.
- High proficiency in writing efficient, organized, and highly performant code.
- Ability to work with and extend an existing codebase.
- Ability to debug, profile, and optimize all aspects of a Unity project.
- You love and play games and have a good understanding of what makes a game fun.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You’re good at self-managing your tasks and responsibilities.
- Junior: At least one finished university/self-taught/commercial project where you were greatly responsible for programming the game.
- Regular: At least one (nearly) shipped commercial game, 2+ years experience as a programmer.
- Senior: Shipped multiple commercial games (or a really big one), 4+ years experience as a programmer.
- Experience with tool development for Unity.
- Experience with the Unity integration of FMOD.
- Basic knowledge of 3D workflows.
- Knowledge of 3D render concepts & pipelines.
- Experience with console development and APIs
- Working knowledge of version control software (GIT).
- Able to work in CEST office hours (Mandatory Daily Standup 10am)
- Remote or on-site
- Start: February 2021
- Work on a critical-acclaimed game with 90%+ positive reviews.
- Work in a small, experienced team with complete creative autonomy.
- Work on games with a non-toxic and loving community.
- Flexible working hours.
- Public transportation ticket.
- Be part of Saftladen – the biggest indie game dev collective in Germany.
Please send your CV and salary expectations to