Network / Multiplayer Engineer (d/f/m)
Regular – Senior
We’re looking for an engineer with a focus on networking and multiplayer to work on an unannounced project in a genre similar to Lonely Mountains: Downhill. You will be responsible for implementing the online multiplayer & leaderboard aspects of the game for PC and consoles and work closely together with our other developers.
- Research possible multiplayer solutions and architecture for Unity.
- Work with Game Design to define requirements & limitations of online multiplayer.
- Implement network synchronization of physics, animations as well game states together with Gameplay Programming.
- Possibly: Implement matchmaking & lobby.
- Implement robust network error handling on the game client.
- Debug network gameplay.
- Develop / Setup tools for online gameplay monitoring and reporting.
- Cheater detection and countermeasures.
- Extending/adapting the existing node.js based leaderboard infrastructure.
- Experience with live online multiplayer development.
- Experience with Unity is highly preferred.
- Good knowledge of C#.
- Deep understanding of network technology.
- Basic knowledge of databases (MySQL).
- Good bug hunting & debugging skills.
- Ability to work with and extend an existing codebase.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You’re good at self-managing your tasks and responsibilities.
- Regular: At least one (nearly) shipped commercial game, 2+ years experience as network / multiplayer engineer.
- Senior: Shipped multiple commercial games (or a really big one), 4+ years experience as network / multiplayer engineer.
- Experience with multiplayer in fast-paced / racing games.
- Experience with Photon, Mirror, MLAPI or similar.
- Good knowledge of MySQL.
- Experience of AWS backend and their services.
- Experience with node.js.
- Experience with console development and APIs
- Working knowledge of version control software (GIT).
- Able to work in CEST office hours (Mandatory Daily Standup 10am)
- Remote or on-site
- Start: February 2021
- Work on a critical-acclaimed game with 90%+ positive reviews.
- Work in a small, experienced team with complete creative autonomy.
- Work on games with a non-toxic and loving community.
- Flexible working hours.
- Public transportation ticket.
- Be part of Saftladen – the biggest indie game dev collective in Germany.
Please send your CV and salary expectations to