Level / Environment Artist (d/f/m)
Junior / Entry Level
We’re looking for a level artist to work on Lonely Mountains: Downhill and another unannounced project in a similar genre. Your main responsibility will be decorating trails in Unity and creating new 3D environment props as well as customization items in Blender. You will work closely together with our level designers and the art director.
- Decorate memorable and beautiful trails for our Lonely Mountains in Unity.
- Work with existing assets and create new low-poly 3D assets in Blender according to guidelines.
- Create new 3D character customization assets (outfits, paint jobs, etc) in Blender.
- Create marketing artworks in the engine using in-game assets.
- Solid understanding working with a modern 3D engine and level editor. Unity experience is preferred but experience in another engine (Unreal, Frostbyte, etc) is also fine if you’re willing to learn our Unity workflow.
- Good 3D modeling skills in Blender.
- Solid understanding of Photoshop.
- Good aesthetic understanding (light, colors, shapes, image composition, visual guidance)
- Be able to adapt existing workflows and learn new tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You’re good at self-managing your tasks and responsibilities.
- Happy to work in a low-poly and stylized art style.
- Solid understanding of Maya.
- 2D environment concepting skills.
- 2D character concepting skills.
- Experience or interest in creating visual effects (Particles, Shader)
- Working knowledge of version control software (Git).
- You’re familiar with the existing art style and level design of Lonely Mountains: Downhill.
- Junior/Entry Level: At least one finished university/self-taught/commercial game or prototype where you were greatly responsible for decorating the game’s environment and creating 3D assets.
In order to apply we would love to see a portfolio showing:
- 3D environment props you created (with wireframes showing your topology)
- At least one complete 3D environment scene (with wireframes showing your topology)
- At least one finished game/prototype/student project you worked on (please make it clear what you personally contributed to the project).
- Remote or on-site (You must be located in Germany, preferably Berlin)
- Start: Q4 2021
- Work on a critical-acclaimed game with 90%+ positive reviews.
- Work in a small, experienced team with complete creative autonomy.
- Work on games with a non-toxic and loving community.
- Flexible working hours. You can work from home or in our co-working space or both.
- Public transportation ticket.
- Be part of Saftladen – the biggest indie game dev collective in Germany.
Please send your CV, portfolio and salary expectations to