Backend Programmer (d/f/m)
We’re looking for a Backend Programmer to work on a new unannounced Unity-based multiplayer project (PC & Console). You will mainly be responsible for setting up and maintaining Azure servers, implementing server logic and databases as well as working with playfab for leaderboards and online features. You will work closely together with our other developers.
- Implementing playfab backend features (online profiles, leaderboards, etc.)
- Setting up and maintaining Azure resources for dedicated game servers as well as content delivery.
- Integrating support for Discord, Twitch, etc. in backend & game client.
- Maintaining & updating existing AWS resources.
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Good knowledge of C#.
- Good knowledge of database structures (SQL, Memory Cache, etc.).
- Experience with introducing third-party APIs in a project.
- Good bug hunting & debugging skills.
- Ability to work with and extend an existing codebase.
- Working knowledge of git.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You’re good at self-managing your tasks and responsibilities.
It would be great if you have between 2-4+ years of experience as a backend programmer and have already worked on backend-heavy games/software/apps – but if you haven’t and you think you’re still a good fit for the job, please apply anyway.
- Experience with Unity is highly preferred.
- Experience with
- Microsoft Playfab
- Discord integrations
- Twitch integrations
- Experience with CI systems (Jenkins, GitLab, etc.).
- Able to work in CEST office hours
- Remote or on-site (You must be located in Germany, preferably Berlin)
- Start: September 2022 (depending on approval of german state funding)
- Work on a critical-acclaimed game with 90%+ positive reviews.
- Work in a small, experienced team with complete creative autonomy.
- Work on games with a non-toxic and loving community.
- Flexible working hours.
- Public transportation ticket in Berlin.
- Be part of Saftladen – the biggest indie game dev collective in Germany.
Please send your CV, motivational letter and salary expectations to